Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

QUARTERDAY

Today is my Quarter-Birthday.

I’m 61¼ years old today. Joy!

It is entirely appropriate to celebrate one’s Quarterday with a quarter of a birthday cake, an entire birthday cake being presumptuous, excessive, déclassé. In lieu of a quarter-cake, a cupcake or two is an acceptable substitute.

I will abstain from cake, however, now that the holidays are behind us. No, a simple meal at one of my favorite local restaurants will be just fine.

We’ve got reservations for two at Horsemeat ’n’ Waffles. I love the waffles - just the thing whether you want to go sweet or savory. The appetizers are to die for... but the manes are where the chef really shines.

3 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

61.25, eh? I'm not up on my Hebrew numerology... do the numbers/letters "6-1-2-5" have some sort of significance?

Anyway, Happy Quarterday!

Adam Lawson said...

Happy Quarterday, may your Colander ever be free of rust.

Rahel Jaskow said...

Groannnnnn....

(or should I say: "Neigh"?)