Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Friday, May 8, 2015

SMART CARTS FOR DARK ARTS


Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry now offers courses in Driver Education.

Everyone is entitled to at least one Nerdly Sphere of Excessive Fascination, and for the person that owns the car above, that would be the fiction of J. K. Rowling.

Other folks have other obsessions: guns, toasters, vacuum cleaners, rare coins, comic books and the like. And you have to figure that a media empire worth billions of dollars is going to provide plenty of grist for the old Obsession Mill. I mean, you have actual Harry Potter theme parks, fer cryin’  out loud.

A couple of days ago, Houston Steve and I were cruising along one of the neighborhood streets when we noticed a green Honda Element sporting the above license plate.

I’ve been the proud owner of my own Honda Element - the one and only Elissonmobile - for ten years now. Honda no longer manufactures them, but I see them on the local roads every day. They’re just unusual enough to be noticeable.

That DARKART license tag, though... that really stands out in a crowd. I’ve seen it several times before, but this is the first time I was able to get a really clear picture of it. And it seems we have a real Potter fan on our hands here. If the tag itself isn’t enough to convince you, perhaps the “Hogwarts Alumni” license plate frame will. Or the “Republicans for Voldemort” bumper sticker on the lower left.

It might be a good idea to stay out of this guy’s way. The combination of road rage and wizardry is not something I ever care to see. Being the target of a Electrovoltaicus Defunctus spell just would not do...

No comments: